Michael Bailey Associates is currently looking for a Guidewire Solution Architect (Manager). This is a permanent job opportunity to be based in Zurich, Switzerland.
This is an urgent requirement for a leading Consultancy in Switzerland offering opportunities to work in an international office with a great benefits package on top of your impressive base salary.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Managing teams and/or work streams on Guidewire implementation engagements.
* You will be part of an international team and take over a managing role requiring you to stay up to date on current IT and insurance trends in order to expand your knowledge capital and educate new joiners.
* Work in complex business and IT environments supporting customers, modernising their business models and aligning the IT architecture.
* Communicate technical issues effectively, both in writing and verbally, to multiple audiences, technical and non-technical
* Lead the technical solution design and the integration of standard insurance software solution packages in an existing IT landscape.
* Manage and/or contribute to project planning, engagement administration, budget management, and successful completion of engagements.
The successful incumbent will possess:
* Hold a university degree (preferably in computer and information science, computer applications, management information systems or engineering) and have gained a minimum of five to eight years’ work experience in the consulting industry leading the integration and configuration of standard insurance software solutions.
* Experienced with property and casualty claims management, policy administration and/or collection and disbursement system; experience with Guidewire ClaimCenter, PolicyCenter and/or BillingCenter version 7.x and above is strongly preferred.
* Experienced with Java or Gosu programming language, J2EE, Guidewire Integration Patterns, Web Services/API, Databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle), Application Servers (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere).
* Excellent analytical skills, understanding of project life cycles, and ability to act in an entrepreneurial manner to ensure the software delivered matches stakeholder needs.
* Proven abilities in taking over a leadership role in the IT field of insurance business using agile methodology (e.g. Scrum) and working with offshore teams with different times to deliver software.
* Demonstrate high knowledge in working with business and IT stakeholders to enable a proper alignment of business goals and the technical solution in an agile environment.
* Strong working knowledge of different architecture approaches (e.g. Microservices) and the business/system trade-offs that come with the implementation and realisation of these architectures.
* Good understanding of architecture strategy and of how to communicate that strategy to a nontechnical audience.
* Fluent in English.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.