Agile Coach required to work with a Government Department based in Westminster, London. This is an initial 12 month contract, outside of IR35, paying up to £650 per day.
As an Agile Coach you will work closely with two or three product development teams as a coach and facilitator, helping them to deliver a new digital service within UK Government. Your primary objective is to foster a self-sustaining and resilient agile culture within the teams.
The product development teams are formed by a group of people with diverse skills who are all focussed on delivering one part of the larger product set. The core skills & practices in each team are: Developer, Quality Assurance, Business Analysts, Content Design, User Research, UX, Data Scientist, Product Owner and domain SMEs.
* Help each team to work in better ways for better outcomes by fostering an ethos of continuous improvement, collaboration and fun
* Provide expert agile advice, advocacy and course correction to avoid stagnation
* Work with the team to identify opportunities for improvement and guide the team to better ways of working using data that the team produce and own themselves
* Support the team in maintaining responsibility for delivery
* Provide an external point of view to the team to stimulate problem solving
* Identify and remove impediments both locally and across the programme (preferably by coaching the team on how to do it for themselves)
* Guide the team towards agile self-sufficiency
* Collaborate with the lead coach and other coaches to benefit from each other’s experiences
* Have experience in agile team building/coaching using more than one agile approach (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP)
* Formal coaching training is great, but not essential
* See setbacks or obstructions as an opportunity to find a better way
* Understand and be able to advocate strongly for agile principles, values and mindset (not just the practices)
* Have a good understanding of Software Engineering & Product Development
* Be familiar with User Centred Design concepts
Please apply should you meet the above criteria
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.