Java Developer required to work with a Government Department. You will be based in Leeds. It is a 6 month contract, outside of IR35, paying up to £500 per day.
Skills & Experience Required:
* Recent experience with Java 8 (or newer) microservice architectures.
* Be willing to work in a pair programming environment.
* Have a good understanding of TDD and BDD
* Have experience in AWS/Azure
* Experience of working in an Agile environment
* Have experience in implementing APIs for internal and external use.
* Have the skills to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous
* deployment environment.
* Be involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
* Be knowledgeable of tools and techniques used within the wider team, both Developers and Non-Developers.
* Take part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms, including occasional support outside of office hours.
* Have an ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
* Have experience working on technical projects within a team.
* Have working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X.
* Have the ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
* Understand of the use of Responsive Web Design.
* Containerisation – Docker, Kubernetes
It would also be desirable to:
* Have a working knowledge of Jackson, JAX-RS, Mockito, ActiveMQ
* Experience of MongoDB or other document databases.
* Have experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites.
* Have experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage.
Please apply should you meet the above criteria
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.