An opportunity has arisen for a Data Scientist with medical exposure for a large worldwide client based in Basel, Switzerland.
Our ability to accurately quantify changes in disease state determines how well we can demonstrate that our drugs improve the lives of patients. However, many traditional disease assessments are notoriously unreliable. We are thus investigating the use of sensors to quantify disease, enabling the use of these novel technologies in clinical trials.
We are seeking a data scientist capable of analyzing and integrating data from mobile medical devices, large multivariate clinical data sets and real-world data (such as medical claims) and using modern analysis techniques to improve how we extract medically relevant information from this wealth of data.
This will require interest and competence across a range of applied fields, but focusses on Digital Health (wearables, ambient monitors, etc.) for device assessment, implementation into clinical studies, as well as validation. Specifically, tasks may include evaluating and improving performance of published and new algorithms on clinical datasets, establishing software frameworks for efficient and effective data exploration, including visualization, joint development and sharing of best coding and analysis practices within the team, writing and execution of analysis plans, or scientific publication of results.
Immediate team: 5 data scientists embedded within larger team of experts
Workload: 100%, partial home office possible after introduction phase
• MSc. (with 3+ years of experience) or PhD in in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Epidemiology and Statistics; can also consider Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Decision Science, Quantitative Research, Econometrics, Computational Physics/Chemistry/Biology)
• Experience in working with complex numerical challenges/ tasks
• Experience with applied statistics is a plus
• Experience in medical field or analysis of human behavior is a plus
• Fluency in Python, R, and/or Matlab required
Contact Terry O’Neill
+41 44215 2051
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.