Automation Engineer –medical devices
Global medical device company has a new opportunity for the automation engineer, who will advise and support in the definition of a strategy in the automatic identification and verification of products/ medical devices.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Focus on the development and implementation of the automation strategy for the areas: part inspection and laser marking.
- Identify and recommend transformational process opportunities across the different value streams with focus on automated solutions.
- Provides direction in identifying needs for automated solutions, based on a holistic view of the different value streams. This includes a good understanding of the feasibility and profitability of innovative technologies and optimization of existing production processes.
- Support in the preparation of a business case to justify the procurement of an automated equipment including conception layout, functional range, user requirement specifications and selection of integrator.
- Supports development of automated inspection systems for different products. Speed-up the progress of the overall automated inspection approach and alignment with sites on requirement needs.
- Define interfaces and solution to integrate automated systems into IT infrastructure.
- Develop process validation strategy for automated systems and supports engineering
studies, process validation protocols and summary reports (IQ, OQ, PQ, CSV and Test
- Support investigation on picoseconds laser technology for approval and integration. The picosecond laser (PSL) technology has the capability to eliminate passivation and improve corrosion of laser marking on SST implants/instruments.
- Determines standards and guide lines for automation engineering activities.
- Collaborating with global functions including R&D, Engineering and Operations.
Bachelor / Master of Science Degree from an accredited institution / university in Mechanical, Electrical or Automation Engineering or a related technical degree.
- minimum 5 years related experience.
- Experience in automation technology or machine vision and programming knowledge with software such as .NET, NI LabVIEW, Cognex VisionPro, MVTec HALCON or similar application software are beneficial.
high degree of creativity with regard to the redesign of production processes.
- Demonstrates independent and systematic working.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrates strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
Please send your CV
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.