Our Client a global telecommunications organisation is currently hiring for a Contract Manager based in Dublin for an initial 12 months contract.
The Contract Manager (CM) position is responsible for contract drafting, negotiation, execution and maintenance, working in partnership with the Sourcing Specialist, suppliers, internal business stakeholders and the legal department. . The CM acts as an advisor and/or expert for contract related issues and must apply critical thinking and work independently to make sound business decisions on behalf of the organisation.
The day to day work of the CM involves interpretation of diverse and complex contractual issues, and identifying any potential risks that the business needs to consider prior to the execution of an agreement. The role also requires ongoing contract compliance, maintenance and issue resolution as needed after contract execution. The CM works closely with Internal Audit, as necessary, and Supplier's auditors to resolve contract compliance issues.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering, or equivalent.
* Minimum of 6 years related experience in contract management or sourcing position.
* Demonstrated experience negotiating & managing agreements with significant annual spend.
* Excellent contract drafting skills.
* Strong interpersonal and client-service skills.
* Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong issue resolution and negotiation skills.
* Strong project management skills.
* Ability to manage multiple concurrent deliverables in a very dynamic and variable environment where business assumptions fluctuate frequently.
* Strong understanding of procurement contract clauses and principles.
* Strong understanding of procurement contract risks and risk mitigation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Juris Doctorate, Barrister-at-Law, Solicitor, Master’s, or equivalent advanced degree.
* Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
* Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) from the Institute of Supply Chain Management, or equivalent.
* Certifications from the National Contract Management Association, or equivalent:
* Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM)
* Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM)
* Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM)
* Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute.
Lean Six Sigma experience and/or certification
Please Submit CV To Apply
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.