We are currently searching for a Data Scientist / Data Engineer to work in Amsterdam, The Netherlands for 6 months plus extensions to a permanent contract. This is a fantastic contract opportunity for a large multi-national client.
The ideal candidate must have the following skills:
* The candidate must be able to develop segmentations, predictive models, and statistical insights using appropriate tools
* He/ she must analyse data deeply to understand patterns and trends
* Understand key drivers of rules/model variation and communicate insights to regional and global executives
* Institutionalise customer analytics in business processes and decision making, both strategic and tactical
* Provide technical expertise in statistical analysis, mathematical modelling, data mining/machine learning
* Partner with business units to challenge their thinking, provide direction
* Work with global teams on ad-hoc projects and take a key role in international projects
* Share best practices with analysts and managers located around the world
* Have fun while driving innovation at one of the top brands on the Internet with the help of cutting edge technologies.
Requirements for the job:
* Strong mathematical, statistical, and scientific modelling skills
* Experience in predictive analytics, statistical modelling and coding.
* Adept at problem solving using both textbook methods and novel viewpoints
* Proficiency in SQL and handling large datasets
* Proficiency in SAS, R, Matlab or other analytics/data mining package
* Familiarity with Hadoop is a must.
* Knowledge of Mobile Platforms.
* Able to work in tandem with business partners to formulate and solve tractable projects
* Able to translate a high-level directions into practical projects and lead/drive their completion with minimal supervision
* Pro-active. Organised, Practical, Solution oriented.
* Strong interpersonal skills and an appreciation of diversity in team-work Basic Qualifications: • 4+ years of experience and knowledge of Data Science. • Quantitative degree (Physics, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, ...)
* MSc or PhD is a plus
If you have a Github address please share this with us when you send us your CV.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.