We are looking for an Oracle Database Administrator Service Delivery who will be responsible for the operation of the Oracle database infrastructure of a bank (Utrecht area, 36h/w). This is mostly delivered on Oracle Exadata and on some commodity hardware. In this job you will keep the environments, standards and documents up to date. Also, you will be involved in assisting development of new services & products and making them available to our customers. As part of the role you sometimes will need to work outside office hours during standby shifts.
You have good analytic skills and work on continues improvement & automation. You should have a good understanding on the possible impact of changes in the environment and assist colleagues with implementing changes. Communication with our suppliers, client departments and other DBA’s is a very important part of your job.
You are an experienced Oracle Database Administrator with general infrastructure knowledge (network, storage, backup and Linux) and will work in a Self-Steering team. Your Database Administrator specialization skills include products such as Oracle ASM, Oracle RAC, Oracle Data Guard and Oracle Database Vault. Automation of work should be important for you, as this will give you more time to develop in other areas.
* Have 3+ years experience as an Oracle DBA in a complex environment.
* Understand that the “Cloud” will be a very large part of any infrastructure solution.
* Like to go in the details to solve complex integration issues, while keeping the big-picture in mind.
* Are a team player who can cooperate with everybody.
* Excellent knowledge of Oracle Technology stack products, like: Oracle Database 11g &12c, RAC, ASM, Oracle Dataguard, backup & recovery and performance & tuning.
* Excellent knowledge of Oracle Exadata and ZFS
* Good knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c & 13c, Oracle Linux and virtualization.
* Experience with scripting (shell / Perl / Python) and automation (Ansible, Puppet, Git and Jenkins)
* Experience with DevOps, Scrum and working in an agile way (KanBan)
* Knowledge of ITIL based processes
* Knowledge of Oracle Internet Directory, LDAP
* Knowledge of Networking
* Knowledge of Storage configurations
* Experience with working in the financial industry
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.