For a Dutch multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Utrecht area (Netherlands) I am looking for a SQL Server Database Administrator.
What will you be doing?
As part of a SCRUM team you are responsible for designing and building the Enterprise SQL Server environment. Products supported within that environment include SQL Server database engine, SSRS, SSAS and SSIS as well as support of other associated SQL products like MDS, DQS and similar.
You will develop a solution that is compliant with regulatory requirements, take care of embedding the solution into the infrastructure and automate it where possible. A part of the workload will be developing the infrastructure to support the CI/CD pipeline based on products such as Jenkins and Powershell and make it available to customers.
The multiplatform environment consists of mainly SQL Server 20xx on virtual servers with some exceptions that use physical servers. The current engineering work is based on SQL Server 2016 and Windows 2016 core edition. The pipeline will be based on your design, and tools that are already available at the bank such as TFS, PowerShell and Jenkins.
Who are you?
You are an experienced SQL Server DBA in a complex environment (3+ years of experience). Next to that, you love automation challenges and really enjoy connecting engineering with operational/delivery issues. You also get enthusiastic when talking about PowerShell, API’s, Rest or other automation options and keeping your solution simple and fit for purpose are your drives. Finally, you understand that the “Cloud” will be a very large part of any infrastructure solution.
What skills do you have?
* Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server suite of products
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server
* Excellent knowledge of Powershell
* Experience with scripting and automation
* Experienced in the use of tools like TFS, Jira, Visual Code and similar
* Experience with AlwaysOn and performance turning
* Being able to provide 24/7 shift support
What can you expect?
* Working in the highly skilled and motivated SQL Server team using SCRUM methodology
* In a dynamic organization that is changing rapidly
* Flexible working hours and working from home (in consultation)
* Supporting crucial banking applications for both Dutch Retail and Global Wholesale business
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.