Big Data Engineer urgently required for our Global Financial Client based in Zurich for an initial 3 months contract
The candidate will be responsible for Collaborate closely with data scientists in the business teams to understand data and functional requirements. Design and build data pipelines to ingest, integrate, standardise, clean and publish data. Integrate analytical models developed by the data scientists into end-to-end data pipelines.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
* Demonstrated work experience as a Data/Software Engineer using Big Data technologies.
* Understanding of data modelling and creating data structures on Hadoop.
* Experience with building data pipelines on Hadoop, ideally Cloudera distribution, using Spark, Scala, Python and similar languages.
* Very good knowledge of SQL, Impala and Hive databases.
* Software lifecycle experience, i.e. build, deployment, testing, release and maintenance
Experience with Jupyter Notebook, Hue and/or other end user tools.
To Apply please submit CV
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.