For a client of ours in the manufacturing industry we are looking for an Infrastructure and Virtualization Specialist!
The mission of a Network Infrastructure and Virtualization Specialist is to design and develop the Computing Platform; a blade server rack with a VMWARE virtualization layer. This is a high available network cluster that hosts the Litho Insight Optimizer applications, Recipe Applications as well as several other applications. All need to be available 99.9% of the time. Expert level knowledge is necessary. Direct interfacing with Supplier, Customer support as well as (IT dept of) the customer
* Document technical solutions according the WOW
* Manage patch process: maintain the list of patches (Patch Train), organize and lead Patch start and Stop meetings
* Execute Alpha tests for the patches
* Help develop the LCP product thereby handling the design in of changed components on behalf of EOL’s
* Troubleshoot internal network and infrastructure problems that hinder the proper working of the LCP or the availability and/or performance specifications of the Applications running in the Virtual Machines on the LCP’s.
* Technical interface to Customer Support and assist them in troubleshooting operational issues at the customer site
* Setup and maintain the monitoring framework for the critical resources in the LCP (Network bandwidth, CPU Load, Memory Usage, Health of Hardware components).
* Assist application developers with the requirements for the application monitoring
* Linux expert (Red Hat Enterprise)
* VMWare expert
Certification on at least one of the above
* 5+ years of experience with Linux in an IT Infrastructure. Experience with Network components (Switches, Firewalls, VLANs, Traffic Shaping / Managing) Experience with Virtualization
* Blade Server technology/Cloud computing components
* Storage Solutions
* HA production environments, Mission critical systems
* Red Hat package management
* Perl / Python / PHP / BASH
* Good communicator
* (performance) troubleshooting skills
* Nagios / Zabbix / Wireshark / TCPDUMP, Network Security Monitoring, Auditing, VRRP
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.