For a big client in the banking industry located in Amsterdam I am looking for a Java specialist with great testing skills.
Your work environment
The primary focus of this DevOps team is on market risk management. Market risk is the risk of loss on trading positions this bank runs due to movement in market prices. Such movements can be caused by (unexpected) events, such as: natural disasters, recessions, political turmoil, changes in interest rates and terrorist attacks.
They are operating according to a Scrum Agile process and strongly believe in the DevOps approach to delivering IT solutions. The focus is on anticipating needs and delivering high-quality, mission-critical solutions on time using iterative development cycles with regular milestone demos.
What are you responsible for?
* Specify deployment and rollback scripts
* Test and execute deployment and rollback scripts in the Test environment
* Apply Continuous Delivery practices in the team: automated Compile, Build, Deploy, Test and maintenance of Continuous Delivery tooling and scripting.
* Continuously improve the automation of testing and deployment tools and activities
* Arrange and operate Development- and Test environments of systems in scope
* Apply version control and software configuration management
* Write test cases and test scripts, test applications in the Test environment and gather test evidence
* Solve findings found during testing
* Perform root cause analyses
* 5+ years of software engineering/testing experience
* Experience with Continuous delivery pipelines.
* Understanding of Unix/Linux, Tomcat, Unit Testing/Maven/automated deployment.
* Knowledge of relational databases (e.g. Oracle)
* Knowledge of No-SQL databases: e.g. Cassandra or Mongo DB
* Excellent knowledge of Java EE7 and Java 8
* Experience with common GUI/Web techniques(JSF, AngularJS, MVC)
* Great English communication skills, verbal as well as written
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.