We are looking for Data engineers for an interesting end client of us based in the Netherlands. This is a contract position for about 6 months with the possibility to extend.
In this role you will be involved with data engineering projects for example focused on web analytics.
* Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Python, and other tools and languages prevalent in the Hadoop ecosystem. Ability to design and implement end to end solution.
* Build utilities, user defined functions, and frameworks to better enable data flow patterns.
* Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around Hadoop and other elements in the Big Data space.
* Define and build data acquisitions and consumption strategies
* Build and incorporate automated unit tests, participate in integration testing efforts.
* Work with teams to resolving operational & performance issues
* Work with architecture/engineering leads and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implements, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to.
* Bachelor / Master degree
* 6 years experience in large-scale software development
* Strong Java programming, Python, shell scripting, and SQL
* Strong development skills around Hadoop, Spark, Hive, and Pig
* Good understanding of file formats including JSON, Parquet, Avro, and others
* Experience with performance/scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity
* Ability to understand relational database schemas
Nice to have:
* Experience with open source NOSQL technologies such as HBase, DynamoDB, Cassandra
* Experience with messaging & complex event processing systems such as Kafka and Storm
* Machine learning frameworks
* Statistical analysis with Python, R or similar
* Experience (at least familiarity) with data warehousing, dimensional modeling and ETL development
If you are interested or if you want some more information please reply then ASAP through Could you also let me know what suitable times are to call you?
Hope to hear from you soon!
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.