To strengthen the Upstream Process Sciences group, based in the clients Research and Development Site.
> Looking for a motivated; Microbial Process Scientist.
In this role, you will be involved in a range of process development activities across fermentation and primary recovery including process optimisation studies and troubleshooting investigations, evaluation of cellular response to process operations, assessment of effects on product quality, determination of process scalability and tech transfer to GMP facilities.
You like to work in an environment where you can:
• Collaborate with various process scientists (upstream and downstream) and analytical scientists as well as research and clinical manufacturing groups.
• Utilize knowledge from molecular biology, biochemical engineering, microbial process development, statistics, and cellular metabolism to aid in process development and optimization of upstream processes producing protein therapeutics.
• Learn new techniques and processes while working in a collaborative high performing team environment.
You will contribute by:
• Performing microbial process development experiments for the improvement of existing processes at lab and pilot scale (from 250mL to 200L).
• Identifying scale-up challenges and developing robust processes for tech transfer to manufacturing scale.
• Trending and analysing laboratory data and present results to line manager, Upstream team and at internal meetings.
• Providing technical expertise in upstream processing for internal customers
• Providing traceable records of lab work, experimental design and report writing.
• Contributing to the maintenance and housekeeping of a safe laboratory working environment, including contribution to writing and reviewing HSE risk assessments related to USP activities.
Education, experience and skills:
• Demonstrated expertise in the operation of lab and pilot scale microbial processes, including the use of various bioreactor systems and relevant operating control software.
• Ability to design and perform process development experiments as well as excellent data interpretation, drawing of conclusions and proposals for further work.
• Ability to learn and use appropriate data management concepts and tools.
• Ability to author comprehensive and accurate protocols, reports and SOPs.
• Experience with high throughput technologies, automation, miniaturisation, statistics and/or programming is preferred.
• Experience in cGMP and large-scale manufacturing equipment and practices and with the transfer of technology to cGMP operations is preferred.
• Having a sound understanding of E.coli physiology is preferred
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.