We are currently looking for a network security consultant (m/f/d) for our energy client
Volume: fulltime (ca 40 hrs / week)
The project Datacenter Exit (lift & shift) is covering the migration of the client’s business systems from On-prem to Cloud. Within this a security review is required for every system being migrated. This includes application lift and shift or conversion to virtualized cloud landscapes in Microsoft Azure Cloud. Every business unit affected by this migration has dedicated teams to support the preparations. The aim of the project is to ensure every system migrated is properly vetted and lift and shift as secure by default and tested.
Tasks (performed independently):
- Analyze security concepts provided by the business project teams in order to identify outdated technology, gaps and insufficiencies. Present the results to the client accordingly incl. professional consulting about how to meet security standards along with corresponding measures; sign off by the client prior to requester to be able to submit FCRs (Firewall change request).
- Review security concepts (Q-gate) and technically consult business for release to the technical work-stream for the implementation in accordance with the defined FCR process (Firewall change request).
- Steer the quality of the previously analyzed security concepts acts on a third level by checking the quality, technical requirements and information of the security concepts and technical requirements.
- Provide guidance to teams on how to resolve potential security flaws / findings on the submitted concept before approval so the requesting party can submit for final step approval.
- Consult requester on how to properly resolve issues identified on security concepts and how to get these successfully approved - the information is ingested via the application.
- Consult business requester with regard to design, concept creation & implementation of network security aspects in the areas of:
o Architecture design
o Architecture review
o Validate technical documentation according to best practices created by requesters
o Technically consult on finalizing design and architectural documents (write, review, edit)
- Manage escalation activities related to network security domain-related to the domain of network security. (Proxy, Network Segmentations Design and architecture questions, best practices principles according to industry, testing, understanding of frameworks provided by NIST, ISO27001, ENISA.) Technically consult the cyber defense team to adequately cope with security risks and issues and their mitigation. The process of escalations are handled fully by the client’s security team.
- min. 5 years experience on network security and firewalls
- Knowledge on major firewall and network vendors
- Experience with system Migrations (analysis, consultancy on it, review,.. ) & making these secure
- Experience with writing / managing security concets
- Expert on network architecture and relevant network protocols
- Strong experience with vulnerability management
- Pen-testing background beneficial
- MS Azure cloud
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.