We have an exciting opportunity for an experience epidemiologist to oversee the analysis and interpretation of date with regard to public health projects.
• Manage work programmes requiring high levels of surveillance and high-quality epidemiology to meet national and regional needs.
• Oversee the analysis and interpretation of surveillance data, and its translation into public health action.
• Identify surveillance needs within given lead areas including 'horizon scanning'.
• Assess current and future influences on teamwork, including national priorities and pressures, whilst ensuring needs of stakeholders are met.
• Lead investigation of incidents of communicable disease - supporting and contributing the work of teams input.
• Establish and maintain positive relationships and collaborations with key stakeholders at regional and national level.
• Lead the review and evaluation of outputs including regular reviews of lessons identified.
• Direct the evaluation of non-pharmaceutical interventions and translation of impact into action locally and more widely.
• Education : epidemiology, statistics or other related discipline
• Extensive and expert knowledge of disease surveillance and control.
• Advanced knowledge and experience in epidemiology for outbreak investigations.
• Extensive knowledge of principles and practice of surveillance, including data management, data transmission, data security, data quality, data analysis including descriptive statistics and graphics and data reporting.
• Experience of overseeing complex and/or sensitive health data analyses and interpretation.
• Significant appreciation of health protection issues and key public health priorities in outbreak control.
• Experience of delivering statistical analyses for operational purposes.
• Experience of using advanced epidemiological and statistical software packages.
• Understanding of the background to and aims of current healthcare policy and appreciate the implications of this on engagement.
• Ability to apply epidemiological concepts to acute, complex and sensitive situations.
• Proficient and/or expert in common statistical/ database/mapping tools such as Stata, R, GIS, network analysis, SQL, Python, Jupyter notebook and others.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.